Associate Professor of Physics
- Director’s Postdoctoral Fellow, Argonne National Laboratory, (2011-2012)
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (2009)
- B.S. in Physics and Mathematics, Western Illinois University (2003)
(My CV – PDF, last updated Sept. 2019)
Teaching (last three years)
- Fall 2019: Biophysics (PHYS 4251/8803GM)
- Spring 2019: Intro Physics of Living Systems II (PHYS 2212 IPLS)
- Spring 2019: Senior Seminar I (PHYS 4601)
- Fall 2018: Biophysics (PHYS 4251/8803GM)
- Spring 2018: Intro Physics of Living Systems II (PHYS 2212 IPLS)
- Spring 2018: Senior Seminar I (PHYS 4601)
- Fall 2017: Biophysics (PHYS 4251/8803GM)
- Role of the Native Outer-Membrane Environment on the Transporter BtuB.
C. Balusek and J. C. Gumbart. Biophysical Journal. 111:1409-1417, 2016.
- Simulation-based approaches for determining membrane permeability of small compounds.
C. Lee, J. Comer, C. Herndon, N. Leung, A. Pavlova, R. Swift, C. Tung, C. Rowley, R. Amaro, C. Chipot, Y. Wang, and J. C. Gumbart. J. Chemical Information and Modeling. 56:721-733, 2016.
- Parametrization of macrolide antibiotics using the force field toolkit.
A. Pavlova and J. C. Gumbart. J. Computational Chemistry. 36:2052-2063, 2015.
- Thermodynamics of deca-alanine folding in water.
A. Hazel, C. Chipot, and J. C. Gumbart. Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation. 10:2836-2844, 2014.
- Structural insight into the biogenesis of β-barrel membrane proteins.
N. Noinaj, A. J. Kuszak, J. C. Gumbart, P. Lukacik, H. Chang, N. C. Easley, T. Lithgow, and S. K. Buchanan. Nature, 501:385-390, 2013.
e-mail: gumbart // at // physics.gatech.edu phone: 404-385-0797 fax: 404-894-9958 office: W202 Howey Physics Building mail: School of Physics, 837 State Street, Atlanta, GA 30332-0430